Venopi and our affiliated companies (see Section 4 below) (Venopi or we or us or our) recognizes the need to protect the privacy of the personal information you provide to Venopi with respect to your access and use of Venopi’s website (https:/www.venopi.com) (the Website) or through Venopi’s mobile and web applications (the Website and such mobile and web applications being collectively referred to as the Applications).
Protection of Your Information
We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your Personal Information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
Type and Purpose of Collection
We collect information at various points in the Applications to facilitate its use by our customers. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
- Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Applications, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address, location data (which is anonymous and where you log in through the Applications you will be asked if you consent to the Applications accessing your location, which can be updated at any time in your device settings) and the referring website (“Non-Personal Information”). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Applications. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified although we might be able to associate it with your account. For example, we use “cookies”, which contain only certain statistical information. For more information on cookies please see Section 11 below.
- Identifying Personal Information: To utilize some portions of the Applications, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified (Personal Information). This type of information will not be collected without your consent. The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- To fulfill your order;
- To send you an order confirmation;
- To administer your account;
- To send you push notifications or SMS messages when you are using the Applications in relation you use of the services we provide, for example, to provide a code in order to access a location;
- To send you our newsletter provided you have not unsubscribed. You may opt out of such newsletter through using the unsubscribe link or by contacting us at email@example.com;
- To establish a relationship with you;
- To facilitate your service with our affiliated service providers;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- To understand your needs and desires vis-à-vis the Applications;
- To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions provided that you have not unsubscribed. You may opt out of such notifications through the unsubscribe link or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. Further, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the abovementioned purposes. The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the Applications, but may include, without limitation: (i) your name, mailing address, phone number and email address; (ii) credit card information and charge history; (iii) unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password; (iv) preferences information such as product or content interests, communication or marketing preferences; (v) device information and data; (vi) reservation history and coupon usage history; and (vii) Google, Twitter and Facebook identity.
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent Venopi may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and Venopi, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity.
Right to Examine Information
You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user).
Right to Examine Information
You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to the relevant Venopi entity (please see below). Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience on the Applications may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Applications may be limited.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect and save except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Applications, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ. Additionally, for example, we may use analytic services (such as, without limitation, Mixpanel).
- Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties, including but not limited to for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
- Venopi Group companies and Venopi offices and operations: We may share Personal Information and Non-Personal Information with our group companies or with our offices and operations based outside your local country in order to provide you with our services and for our own operational processes.
The Application contains links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
Both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information you submit via the Applications is sent to our group companies and will processed in Europe and stored on secure servers located in the USA. Such information may also be transferred by us to our offices and third parties mentioned in the circumstances (see Section 5 above). The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to your country. Where we transfer your information out of your jurisdiction we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting your information to the Applications, you agree to this storing, processing and transfer.
Terms of Service
Persons Under 18
The Applications are not marketed toward persons under the age of 18. If Venopi discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information about individuals under the age of 18, it will promptly delete such information.
Cookies and similar technologies
When you interact with the Applications, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you use our Applications, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application and which store and sometimes track information about your use of a website or application (as the case may be). A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session or Applications session and expire when you close your browser or exit the Applications. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Applications and will last for longer.
Some of the cookies used by the Applications are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Applications, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Applications.
Some information on the types of cookies we use and how we use them is set out below:
|Type of cookies||Function|
|Essential||Allow you to navigate and use all the features provided by our Applications|
|Functional Cookies||These cookies customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Applications and remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get. So when you use our Applications, we remember you and your preferences and information you have submitted to us to provide you with a customised experience. For example, remembering your 'home city'.|
|Performance and Analytics||Performance cookies let us collect information about how you use the Applications. They collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Applications (including how long you spend on the Applications) and where you have come to the Applications from, so that we can improve the Applications and learn which functions of the Applications are most popular with users. This information does not include Personal Information although we might be able to associate such information with user accounts once we receive it from the third party.|
|Advertising and Targeting||
These cookies collect information about the pages you visit online. They gather information about the pages that you visit or the functions of the Applications you use, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is only collected by reference to the IP address or unique device identifier that you are using (the applicable cookie identifier) and also can include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Applications which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. This may result in you seeing adverts for our Applications when you visit other websites.
We also use third parties, for example, Google Analytics, to analyse statistical information from users of the Applications. You can understand Google Analytics further here https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html and learn about how to manage Google Analytics settings here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What are your rights?
You have control over your personal data. You are entitled to clear, transparent and understandable information. You can always view, modify or delete the personal data you have entered through your account. In addition, you can contact us via email@example.com to view the personal data from you that Venopi processes, free of charge. You can also request that Venopi changes or deletes your personal data. We may also transfer personal data under certain circumstances. Moreover, you can request that we limit the processing of your personal data.
You may always object to the processing of your personal data where we do this on the basis of our justifiable interests.
Where we use your personal data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. For example, if you have subscribed to a Venopi newsletter and no longer wish to receive it, you can always unsubscribe (thus withdrawing your consent) by clicking unsubscribe in a newsletter.
If you make a request regarding how we handle your personal data, we may ask you to identify yourself if necessary. If you send us a copy of your passport or other proof of identification for that purpose, we will ask you to make your passport photo and BSN number illegible in the manner indicated here: https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/identiteitsfraude/vraag-en-antwoord/fraude-voorkomen-met-kopie-id-bewijs